The OPAL Primary Programme
A mentor supported school improvement programme that addresses all 18 areas that a school must plan for, if they want to sustainably improve the quality of play.
“Do it! It’s been the most transformative and straightforward route to change lives for children for the better that I have experienced in my career so far. I cannot think of any rational reason to not give it a go.”
Helen Easton - Assistant Head - Ivydale Primary School
- Introduction meeting
- Observation and Audit meeting
- 3 Development meetings (including safety/risk management, staff best practice and managing resources)
- Awards and final plan meeting
- INSET on play
- Parents meeting
- Half-day grounds master planning workshop
- Over 100 cross-referenced resource documents and templates
- Unlimited email and phone support
- 30+ years of play development expertise
- Support over 12-18 months
- Design advice
Frequently Asked Questions
OPAL & OFSTED
Read more about OPAL's relevance to OFSTED.
Watch West Lodge Primary, Harrow, Headteacher & Deputy Head Views on OPAL
Book an introductory meeting with a mentor.
Awards & Recognition
In 2020 in recognition of the effectiveness of the OPAL Primary Programme in improving the quality of play in English primary schools, OPAL was awarded a grant of a quarter of a million pounds to enable it to increase capacity to reach more schools and to further improve resources.